- In the case of oil inclusions, Confocal Scanning Laser Microscopy is used to determine the Gas Oil Ratio (GOR) of individual fluorescent inclusions; GOR varies with temperature and is characteristic of oil chemistry. It serves as an input parameter for thermodynamic modelling.
- GOR vs Th graphs are used to determine hydrocarbon types: black oils, heavy oils, light oils, critical oils, gas condensates, wet gas, and dry gas.
- Thermodynamic modelling of aqueous inclusions is based on the Duan equation of state (H2O-NaCl-CH4 system).
- Thermodynamic modelling of oil inclusions is based on the Peng-Robinson equation of state (PIT software).
- The superimposition of the oil and aqueous isochores gives the trapping temperature and pressure at the intersect.